Monday, January 08, 2007

More Adventures in Real Estate

OK so I had to share this. I put a �housing wanted� ad out here in Austin in an attempt to secure something short term until I find a house to buy. I get this idiotic response today..

�I have something which might work out for both of us. I have rented a huge brand new house in central austin/ Hyde Park. It has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms( Glass showers and everything) with two car garrage and a fence for pets. it usually rents for 3500 but the construction completed in late september and i got a really good deal and am leasing it for 1500. I could not find roommates whom i liked and hence i want to vacate this house. If you are ready to pay me 5000 which i have lost on this house because i could not find roommates, i can transfer the lease to you for this house. You wont be disasspointed. The lease runs till July 31st and it cannot be extended because the owner will find people to pay more for this house.

-Tejas�


So this guy wants me to pay him 5K upfront in rents he would have collected since Sept from roommates had he found some �he liked�. Then he�ll transfer the lease into my name for me to continue paying monthly. He told me in a subsequent e mail that he was a PHD candidate in Finance at UT. I told him to QUIT the program immediately before they realize how ignorant he is.

All I can do is laugh at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a riot. He must be going into specialty finance with that proposition. The more complex the financing the more money he will get as a CEO. If I heard him say that up here I definately would laugh in his face and say get a life.

Pookie Pie said...

Gotta love it.