Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Love is in the Air

I sat beside an extremely good looking Air Marshal on my flight here to DC yesterday. It was funny because Air Marshals used to not identify themselves as such, you would just randomly catch a glimpse of their gun strapped to their sides under their coats and hope they had a permit to carry it on. They always typically sit in first class on the aisle 2 rows back. This guy sits down, says hello and proceeds to tell me that this was his 1st flight of the day and he has 3 more to go. When I asked what he did, he flashed his gun and said �I keep these planes in the air�. I immediately felt safe.

Evidentially flights in and out of Washington are chocked full of Air Marshals, which makes sense. If you�ve flown into Reagan National anytime after 911, you�ll certainly remember the strange, grip your seat landing pattern they go through now. As if the flight over the river isn�t concerning enough, tight banked turns 100 meters off the water adds grey icing to the �oh-shit-im-gonna-die� cake.

Whoever is doing the hiring over at the US Air Marshal office gets a platinum star for getting �Mark� to sign up. Not only is he keeping the planes in the air�he�s breakin� hearts all over the country.

4 comments:

Pookie Pie said...

grey icing... grey icing... mmmmMMMMmmmmm

Eye Que said...

minus the armadillo red velvet cake...of course

Anonymous said...

I wonder it was my friend. He usually flies out of DC back and forth. I will tell you when I'm in meetings, I usually face north because those planes fly awful close to my building and if one looks as if it will hit I'm running out the door.

I'm sure you know where to go if you are still here. I truly enjoy the brunch at Logan Tavern, but that is a weekend thing.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.