Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Capitol Flasher

I ran around the Washington Monument tonight as I always do when I'm in DC. I love that run, even when it is still 90 degrees at 8pm. I especially love watching people taking night photos of the monument with their camera Flash on. Like it's going to illuminate the monument anymore than it already is. Most point and shoot camera flashes have an effective flash range of about 10-20 feet. I had to re-route my run towards the Capital Mall because the camera flashes were creating such a strobe effect at the monument that I was seeing spots when I closed my eyes. I think 15 747 jumbo jets full of Asian tourist must have landed today, they were creepy-crawling everywhere and god knows they angle in for some photo ops, flash and all.




1 comment:

the doc said...

The same phenomenom can be witnessed at nighttime NASCAR races and concerts held in some huge coliseum or outdoor venue.

Hope all those fans like the pictures of the backs of the heads of the people sitting or standing in front of them, because that is all they get.