Thursday, November 30, 2006

Swan Song Sayonara

I leave Costa Rica Today with mixed emotions.... Excited to return to my life in Austin and sad to leave the life I started here behind. Another chapter in my book of life is closed, but not permanently. I will return to Costa Rica, I am sure of it. I just watched Francisco walk out the door for the last time this morning and I suddenly realized how final it all is.

I made a good go of it, professionally and personally. I made lifelong friends and met incredible people along the way. I saw this country�s finest and witnessed it�s unbearable side too. As all of the chapters in my life are, this was a huge learning experience. Living in depressed conditions in an underdeveloped country has made me appreciate even more the privileged life I come from. It will be much harder to take it for granted from here on out.

The preface for my new life chapter has already started. I�m gainfully employed, I have an action plan and most importantly, I have incredible friends and family to share my new adventures with.

I must say, given the sometimes trying circumstances, I made the absolute best out of this situation�That�s a gift of mine that I will never take for granted..

M,C,K & J at La Fortuna Waterfall

1 comment:

Pookie Pie said...

It'll be good to have you back in Austin.