Thursday, May 04, 2006

Libra knocks out Scorpio in record time

Because I realized early on that the day I wake up with a scorpion in my bed will be my last official day in Costa Rica, I have made a small investment in scorpion spray. I have now sprayed so much of this outside my door that I have killed the grass and im sure created some sort of major bio hazzard that will come back to haunt me at an older age. Frankly, I dont care. I have adopted a gang war strategy in my home against the bugs. Sometimes I just break some legs, so they'll go crawling back and show all their friends what will go down if they return. Other times I just kill them and leave them there on display as a harsh reminder of life on the streets.

I am the only one in my office who hasnt had a scorpion in their home, so I know it's going to happen. Other people have also found taranchala's, snakes, lizzards, even possums. Theres a turf war going on in this country, and eight legs almost always beats two. So I come prepared.

Caveat: Yes, I realize that this is karmic payback for all the rubber snakes I planted in a good friends home a few months ago after I found out he was horrified of them.

4 comments:

Kelicious said...

Ever see Arachnaphobia? Remember when the spiders ate the guy? Yeah,...that was in South America.

the doc said...

Maybe you should measure your windows and doors and then go to eBay, Lowes.com or HomeDepo.com and order some screens. If the cost of shipping them to Costa Rica is prohibitive, you could probably stuff them in those two giant suitcases of yours. Can you vacuum shrink screens?

Anonymous said...

Incognito,

You are right about karma. I have not gone swimming in the ocean, since, I was stung by a jelly fish in Greece. Well, my friend thinks I'm afraid of sharks and they were trying to get me to go to the beach. He keep saying I would not go because I was afraid that a shark would attack me.

So, they went to the outer banks without me because I had work over the weekend not that I'm afraid of sharks. Well, I come back from a run and my roommate says did you hear. I said hear what. Our friend was bite by a shark on the foot. I laughed and said their is a God and he loves me. So, becareful what you do or wish because it may come back to bite you in the ass.

goblinbox said...

We all have our lines. The lines we don't want crossed. I, for instance, hate ticks and houseflies very, very much. But I really do think I'd sleep with my scorpion spray if I were you!