Monday, March 20, 2006

Here, There and Everywhere

You know you’re overextended when you start making business trips from business trips. I walked into the office this morning and found out that I’m going to Boston and Los Angeles this week. At least this will get me out of my hotel room here in DC and put some new scenery in front of my face. I asked a good friend of mine, whose been living in a hotel for work for over 3 months, how he keeps from going crazy, I got the impression that his misery is offset nicely by the 100 million Hilton Hotel points he earning. He could probably cash those in for a month’s stay in Tahiti or somewhere equally as remote and fabulous. I wasn’t nearly that crafty and now I’m just miserable.

So it’s off to La La land tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn for a 1 day trip. I do get to spend some time with my counterpart in the LA office who I really like. Our company has just signed a big deal with the Gene Autry Museum of Western Heritage and I’m going there to check the place out and help them make some imedia decisions. Then it’s LA to Boston on Wednesday, Boston to DC on Thursday then DC to Austin on Friday for the Weekend. Back to Dc on Sunday and then a final return to Austin on Wednesday. Then Ill have 2 weeks in Austin to gather up my things, pack a storage unit, sell my car, shut down my life stateside and move to Costa Rica.

Somebody help me!

5 comments:

the doc said...

Think of all the frequent flyer miles you will get.

the doc said...

Look at the bright side. Coming back east so soon, you will not have to worry about jet lag.

StratoCade said...

Just make sure you get your hotel points. All the travel is bound to pay off with a nice two-week vacation in Fiji...

Anonymous said...

Well. Look at it as your farewell tour. Two coasts in three weeks. You're like rock 'n roll royalty!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hear ya on the business travel. It makes me nuts...and then sad and lonely. :(