Thursday, February 16, 2006

Is it just me or does....



Ok, so im a Project Runway Junkie (PWJ). You wouldn’t believe how many times it comes up in everyday conversation where I will find other closet PWJ’s dying to discuss the show. I was in Washington DC a few weeks ago at a stuffy business dinner and ended up having a 2 hour conversation about it with everyone at the table. The best are the married guys whose wives command the television on Wednesday nights and force them to watch it. They will initially just listen to the conversation then gradually start contributing, and by the end they have all out declared their love for Daniel V’s work (and if im lucky they may even throw a snap into the mix at some point as well.) Project Runway appeals to everyone because I think 99% of the population completely underestimates the time attention, creativity and work that’s involved in putting together a piece of clothing. Im gay, and by birthright a fashion enthusiast, and even I had no idea what all was involved. So I can imagine the heteros being completely blown away by it all. I also enjoy seeing Heidi Klum in her various stages of pregnancy. She’s go to be the most beautiful pregnant woman I’ve ever seen. No ‘cankles’, stretch marks or double chins here! Of course there’s always the drama that ensues when 5 or more gay men are put into a competitive situation. Claws out, ratings soar. CBS, take note.

Like everyone, im disgusted by everything that is Santino Rice. His designs are grotesquely over done and his personality is flat and uninteresting. He does score a few points with me every time he imitates Tim Gunn, the stiff-as-a-board design consultant who consistently pokes holes in the contestant’s designs and egos. But other than that, he’s just gross and egotistical.

So im raising my glass to Daniel V. Not only do I like his style, I think it’s imperative that he carry on the long-standing homo-designer-extraordinaire tradition and show the world that gay men are the most creative, tasteful, design conscious people on the planet. Not that Im biased or anything…

3 comments:

Kelicious said...

Ok, log on to Bravotv.com and watch the x-tras.. apparently DV is in his underwear!

Anonymous said...

PWJ? WTF? That is sooooo ghey! I'm watching me some Lost on Wednesdays... I'm just jealous. I don't have cable.

Jimmi said...

Oh totally agree with you 100% and I am upset that you got to this commentary before I did. In fact I watched the final show last night and I have to say I was a little irritated that they let him proceed with that Belly Dancer Smock of a dress. Like that would look good on anyone! HELLO! Emon was no about to truck down any red carpets in that piece of Shite! Hope you don't mind but I now feel the need to do this as one of my bloggings... You got me worked up! ha ha