Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paris, I love you

Forrest brought Paris, Je T’Aime into my life last night and I must say it was fantastic. Not only is Paris my favorite city in the world, because of him, I can now imagine rediscovering it street by street with someone special. As cliché as it sounds, I had a springtime Parisian love affair one extended weekend way back when. We ran around the city in the rain, looked at art, ate stale baggets and swapped life stories before rejoining our distant lives in America. We never saw each other again.

Last night, for the first time in a very long time, while we lay in the bed together watching the film, I stepped outside of myself and looked in on things from above with optimistic excitement. A nice change. Suddenly realizing that I have stumbled upon a very significant someone who, if he keeps up the good work, could finally be the one I’ve been looking for.

Not to mention he speaks French as perfectly as Napoleon and I imagine that will come in handy in Paris someday.

1 comment:

StratoCade said...

Aww, that's so sweet. I'm very happy for you.

On a different note:

You sure as hell know how to make someone feel all ALONE...

SO. DESOLATE.

BARREN...

ALONE.