Wednesday, September 10, 2008

High Anxiety

I’m so NOT anxiety attack material but that’s exactly what’s happened to me on numerous occasions over the last month. Pressure from buying a home in a prestigious neighborhood, basically tearing it down to the studs and starting over, working with an architect, appeasing a nosey homeowners association, spending LOTS of money, moving out of my current home into a temporary apartment, putting most of my things in storage, and launching 4 new major campaigns at work has officially pushed me over the psychotic edge. Not to mention that growing older coupled with my obsessions with WebMD has me convinced that im suffering from several types of cancer, a rare stomach parasite, insomnia, Epstein Barr Syndrome and a touch of the typhoid.

You know it’s bad when several hours of Tivo’d Oprah, project runway, top design and Tabatha’s salon makeover can’t even calm you down. It seems like I can’t even drive my car anymore without having a total “I can’t breathe” panic attack at every red light in town. Who is this person? CRAY pushed a Xanax on me at the beach and I must say the “I don’t give a good god damn” vibe it sent throughout my body was a more than welcomed sensation.

I’ve seen my doctor, asked for the Xanax and he’s “thinking it over”. I’m fine with that, as long as he’s fine with having a panic stricken driver moving at a high rate of speed while simultaneously contemplating everything from butler’s pantries to stomach parasites to rich media ad serving costs on the same road as him.

Yeah, it didn’t work on him either….

No comments: