Sunday, June 15, 2008

London Serves Me Well

I browsed London this weekend as a tourist catching all the sight and sounds of this fantastic city. The weather tuned out (for once) and lucky for me the outrageous travel costs these days kept the tourist crowds to a minimum. Yesterday I hit the British Museum and spent several hours in the Egyptian rooms, caught a fading glimpse of the Queen Herself down by Buckingham during the annual Trouping of The Colours Parade in honor of her Birthday, and I spent the bulk of the afternoon in St. James Park in a rented chair getting blinded by the pasty white Brits as they sunned themselves in the grass. I topped it off with an evening performance of Avenue Q, and dinner and drinks with Jen O'Neil and her way cute Scottish boyfriend Andrew.

Today I walked over to Westminster Abbey and looked around Parliament, Big Ben and the Thames. Got caught up in a huge Anti-Bush rally, stopped by the Tate Modern and checked out a disturbing photo exhibit (one word: Human Flesh) and then stopped in at Harrods for a walk through their exquisite gourmet foods section. I came back and ordered about $1000 worth of room service, slapped on a mud mask I picked up at Molton Brown and watched a few episodes of Mercat Manor on the BBC in a big fluffy hotel bath robe.

Could it have gotten any better? I mean really?!

Some photos I snapped:



No comments: