Sunday, April 13, 2008

Food For Thought

I had a late dinner last night at the recently remodeled 'Trio' restaurant at The Four Seasons here in Austin. Twas delish. Some notable items aside from my bone-in beef tenderloin (which was slightly undercooked for a medium rare) :

1. Braised Pork Belly served with a poached-then-deep-fried egg. Deliciously prepared, I didn't even mind the yolk pouring out of the egg when sliced open. It worked.


2. Parmesan Popovers. Melted in your mouth. Gave you that bread feeling without the heavy inside. Perfect for summer and soup. (I'm thinking a chilled cucumber dill gazpacho and Parmesan popovers on the back porch on a lazy summer evening? Served with sun tea and a spicy tomato aspic of course.)



3. White and Red roasted beet salad with a blue cheese vinaigrette. I love me a beet!

........and last but certainly not least, the crowd favorite:

4. Sweet Corn Creme Brulee'. Next time I go I'm just gonna order 5 of these and call it a night. Then I'll just go home and put on my mu-mu and watch Matlock reruns all night.

No comments: