Thursday, February 14, 2008

In Absentia


I have a sister most of the people in my life have never met. That’s because she never writes, calls or comes and visits me. I don’t take it personally anymore like I used to. She’s a lesbian and like EVERY OTHER lesbian I know in this world, she’s cocooned with her “life partner” and their dogs in Chicago. She’s also in graduate school, which has supplied her with 4 years of unavailability excuses and scheduling conflicts.

It’s a shame that she doesn’t try harder than she does to keep in touch. Just an email, or a quick phone call would be great. I miss having her in my life. I refuse to continue to have a relationship with her answering machine and im not going to continue to coax her out of her shell for a visit anymore. I’ve tried everything, even gave her plane tickets to come see me, they got used on some other trip for her and her girlfriend.

I do hope that one day she will actively participate in my life, I’ve got a lot to offer and im a pretty fun person.. Until then I will remember the fun, energetic, wickedly funny girl she used to be and I will look forward to getting reintroduced to that person again somewhere down the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Passive/agressive? Anyone, anyone?

Anonymous said...

^Apparently your sister does read your blog, though.

I know how you feel, I have a great deal of nostalgia for when I had a close relationship with my brother.

Don't you worry, J. We'll get you a sister. Hell, we'll buy you one if we have to!