Tuesday, October 16, 2007

On Friends and Lovers


I’ve been thinking about a conversation CR and I had the other night. I don’t need tons of people in my life anymore. As I get older, I’ve begun to focus less on my ‘idle’ friendships and focus more on the ones that actually take an interest in me and my well being without being prompted (by, me, an event, or an emotional or physical need of theirs). That may sound ugly, but I think most people naturally do this as time drags on. They just don’t formally define it and write about it on their blog.

In the meantime, I am waiting for my Fall relationship cycle to kick in gear. It has never let me down before. Like the leaves on the trees, I tend to fall into something this time of the year. Maybe that’s because my fall wardrobe makes me feel really good about myself? Maybe it’s because the cool air helps accentuate my modelesque bone structure by turning my cheeks red? OK.. it’s the harvest moon.. we all know what effect that has on our libidos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting I was having the same conversation with a friend of mine. It is not ugly at all. Friends are suppose to give and take, not just take. As you kind of said there comes a point in your life in which you have to decide who are true friends and those that are acquaintances.

P.S. Happy Birthday belated birthday.

Anonymous said...

Keep smiling, keep shining. Knowing you can always count on me, for sure. That's what friends are for. For good times and bad times, I'll be on your side for ever more.

It sounds even better coming from a group of adorable British boys, Donny Osmond...and Dame Edna.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8G0hWEMVLpI