Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California Dreamin'


This is America and I do believe that everyone is entitled to government sponsored disaster assistance when needed, but my sympathy is a bit limited in the case of the victims of the out-of-control California Wildfires… I watched 4 or 5 families speak about the absolute devastation to their multi-million dollar hillside homes that carried NO INSURANCE. So now our tax dollars are going to help pseudo-millionaires rebuild their lives again in the same high risk area. Several of those who were interviewed admitted that they couldn't’t afford home insurance but would rebuild again in the same spot…and CONTINUE to be uninsured. In my opinion, when you can’t afford home insurance, you must move into a home that you CAN afford it in. Because when it burns down, you won’t need to rely on government handouts to get your life back together.

Suze Orman, power lesbian financial guru gave harsh advice on the Oprah show to a California couple seeking help out of the financial disaster they made for themselves in Orange County. “Move out of California”, you can’t afford to live there anymore. I say this with a bitter-sweet tongue, as I know as more and more Californians are forced to flee the high cost of living there, they are settling here and in other parts of the country; spreading their nuevo riche lifestyles far and wide and increasing the cost-of-living for the rest of us.

I’d wish an earthquake on em, but that’ll cost me too. I’m Bad!

2 comments:

the doc said...

Talk about CO2 emmissions! Not to mention toxins in the furnishings of these mansions. What does Mr. Gore have to say about this?

Anonymous said...

It's hard to get home insurance for fire protection (just like here in Northern California, it's hard to get earthquake protection on insurance) when you're in a fire zone. Even if you have a multi-million dollar home. The more valuable your property, the more your insurance is.

But the way I see it—I wouldn't be able NOT to afford that kind of insurance. It's a game of chance, and it's a chance I wouldn't be willing to take.