Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dangerous Liaisons

Here's a little long distance dedication to a good (married) friend of mine who's caught up in a scandalous affair with a man who is also married. While I think what shes doing is completely wrong, I must admit, her entire demeanor lights up when she speaks about him to me. I know eventually she'll do whats best for her (and her family), but for now, someone is loving her in the way she's always wanted for herself. As a friend, I will always support her in her quest to achieve a higher level of happiness. I am also compelled to remind her what the consequences of her actions will be if her house of cards comes crashing down anytime soon. I know from personal experience that once you have reached the place in your relationship where you seek emotional support from someone else, it's very hard to turn that back towards the partner you took it away from. It's not impossible to fix, but it takes some serious work on both parts. In my friends case, I know her husband isn't capable of devoting the kind of time and attention necessary to bring his marriage back on the right track if it ever comes to that.

Of course that and a buck fifty will get you a cup of coffee at Denny's.

She always tells me that she and the 'other' guy love eachother like it's their first time...and for obvious reasons I always think of her when I hear this song..


No comments: