Sunday, July 22, 2007

French Kisses and Panty Crickets.

I woke up today in my bed here in Austin and was rudely reminded that I was back in Kansas (sans Toto) and immediately missed the sensational sun kissed experience I lived in St. Maarten this past week. Relaxing in the Caribbean sun, soaking up pina coladas and swimming in the crystal clear ocean helped exceed my fantasy vacation expectations. I would undoubtedly recommend St. Maarten to anyone seeking a similar get-a-way-from-it-all scenario. Sure the roads suck, but they all lead you beaches that leave you breathless. Home cooked meals, late night swims, Carib beers and a nightly competitive game of Dice kept us busy before the following days activities. Even though the Euro is gobbling the dollar up, we managed to get out relatively unscathed.

Advice to future St, Maartiners. Rent a Villa on Orient Bay, Dine French in Margot, Day trip it to Baie Rouge (and feed the fish!), Pace yourself on Pina Coladas, Remove the hard plastic inserts from snorkeling flippers before use ( hmmmm), be VERY ok with public nudity, and of course avoid connecting through Miami at all costs!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Vini Ya'll!


My bedroom with a view

Euro Sensibilities are everywhere.

Watch out! Seriously...
Casa Azul's Pool deck was dreamy



Casa Azul from behind


Our Inner Sanctum


Coconuts weren't so tasty.

No comments: