Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tico Time Travel

This time tomorrow I will be enroute back down to Costa Rica for a little rewind, redux, reunion, or whatever you want to call it. The Alabama Joe's, Richard and I have coordinated a much needed vacation to Manuel Antonio on the Pacific side. Francisco will be tagging along with us as well. We are staying here, which is indisputably the nicest place on the beach. Manuel Antonio is widely believed to be the most desirable beach destination in Costa Rica. I may have to disagree there, Guanacaste is much more my speed. Manuel Antonio is very rainforesty, jungly, full of monkeys, iguanas and other slithering wildlife. The beach there is a protected national park so there are very few hotels or restaurants right on the water.

I'm looking forward to seeing my old haunts and re-connecting with the people I know there. I'm also looking forward to seeing Fransicso. He is beside himself excited about my coming back, I just hope my departure wont be nearly as difficult for him as it was last time. I thought he was going to tie himself to the wheel of the airplane in some sort of kamikaze avoid-the-inevitable, go out-with-a-bang, dont-leave-me-here kinda stunt.

No comments: