Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter Blunderland

Due to the "Apocolyptic Winter Storm of the Millennium" (aka some ice in the grass) I haven�t been into my office in 2 days because of icy roads here in Austin. Texans seem to be able to handle everything BUT ice/snow. The Armageddon bum rush to the grocery stores on Monday and the subsequent rash of cancellations/closures helps prove my point. I�m looking forward to a warming trend over the rest of the week. I�m not sure what the news channels are going to do without more weather related material. I�m almost 100% convinced that there�s a backdoor deal going between the weathermen and the grocery stores. They call for �inclement� weather; milk goes flying off the shelves? Coincidence? Hmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Texans are whimps. I can remember Texans say I don't want to drive in the snow or ice. I would tell them give me the keys I will drive. You just need to know how to handle yourself and remember if you are driving an SUV it is not like the black box and will not survive, so, drive like a lunatic.