Saturday, March 18, 2006

METRONOMICS


Have you ever been in a particular place, looked at all the people around you and thought to yourself "If for some reason the entire world outside of this room dissipated I would be stuck living with only these people for the rest of my life?"; and then wonder where you would fit into that mix? I thought that today while riding on the Metro here in Washington. Yes, It's a very "lost" kinda mentality, but interesting to ponder nonetheless. In my car I had an elderly asian lady, 4 papi chulo tattoo-on-the-neck gangbangers, a slew of oversized NBA-jersied black guys, a few studious collegiates, and about 6 homeless people (one of which urinated on the floor during my eye scan).

It was clear to me that I would have no problems electing myself into a leadership position if the aforementioned scenario were realized. There would probably be some sort of turf war between the Papi Chulos and the Laker guys, which would keep them occupied long enough not to notice that I had woo'ed the Asian lady, the homeless and the collegiates into my majority-rules discipleship.

My point here is, If you stand back far enough and let your competitors expend all their time, energy and rersources fighting eachother, eventually they will neutralize one another clearing the way for you to advance to the top of the heap.

Or you can just get off the Metro at the next station.

2 comments:

the doc said...

Maybe we should apply that strategy to Iraq. Pull back into the "green zone" and let them at each other a while. Then come out when the dust and smoke clears.

StratoCade said...

Oh fine! Just go ahead and spill the beans to everyone that it's not difficult to win an election... Make me redundant! See if I care...