Friday, July 06, 2007

Appletude

AppleTUDE – [Ap*uhl*tood] (Noun)- The treatment one receives in an Apple store when they go to return their iphone. Usually displayed by a smart-glasses wearing, anti-establishment, $6 an hour retail employee who would rather treat you like a techno-lepper than accept the fact that the new iphone is NOT a device best suited for people on-the-go who need a business-class communications device.

Unfortunately, I can not lay claim to this extremely appropriate term, Stratocade gave birth to it during a conversation we were having about our intentions to return our new iphones. He suffered a annoying dose of Appletude while returning his, I have yet to venture to the mall to experience it for myself. I plan on going in armed with all my complaints which I will deliver at high volume in my best mad black woman voice if I am belittled by those retail queens.

I’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, I’m gonna stick with my CrackBerry. (Definition forthcoming)

3 comments:

the doc said...

Good Luck! Was Stratocade successful in his quest of the "Return of the iPhone". If the movement continues, it could be a mini series on the tube. And, you should sell your Apple stock if the iPhone is a real lemon.

Anonymous said...

You can always use my favorite line from "Absolutely Fabulous"....
"You only work in a shop you know, so you can drop the attitude!"

Anonymous said...

I hope Apple's Iphone does not have as many problems as my Ipod. I'm on my third one in a year. Love the term AppleTude because that is what you get from those Apple snobs.